The Competition
No, not this one. Even more exciting!
My co-worker J started a little push-up competition in the office. He stated that he would do 2:1 of my push-ups in a weekly 2 minute timed challenge. J is from South Africa and as such spent time in the military and was at one time voted his regiments fittest man. He entered this competition knowing that he probably wouldn't be able to beat me the first time out but he wanted some incentive to get fit.
The first installment was on December 16th. Lorna 51, J 53. Yay me! Not only that but J had the advantage of going second and knowing how many I had done. Plus, we were all pushing him to at least do more than me even if he wasn't going to double it. The next time we have the contest we're going to keep it blind, not knowing how much time is left on the clock and the person going second doesn't get to know what the first person did. J has been putting off the second installment of the competition. He's not here today so coworker M timed me for 2 minutes and I did 73! J is in soooo much trouble. Since lunch is at stake this could work out vey well for me until J gets back into the condition he's aiming for.
Yeah, things are quiet at the office this week.

2 Comments:
Sweet. That's awesome.
I can do.....maybe 10 if I'm lucky (and that's not the girly ones...sheesh).
Sheesh! I can't even imagine how few push ups I could do at this point. Well done!
Post a Comment
<< Home