Monday, November 28, 2005

Breaking through a rut

I think it would be fair to say that I have been in a training rut. I've been doing just enough activity to not embarass myself. A few weekend events here and there with the team, riding on my bike trainer at the house, working out with weights at the house and the occasional run. Well obviously that is not enough and when I met with the trainer last week he got me inspired to break through my rut. A lot of what he said is not really practical since there are no showers at my office building so running to work would not really be fair to my co-workers but what he was trying to convey was that we need to get activity in where ever and when ever we can. The logistics of making this happen are as daunting as the physical exertions themselves. After all, I still need to do laundry and eat.

Friday Nov 18 - ran to work 7.2 miles
Saturday Nov 19 - Bubba Goat Orienteering event Oak Mtn. AL (Hills and more hills)
Sunday Nov 20 - Blankets Creek Single track ride (approx 9 miles)
Monday Nov 21 - 2 hours on bike trainer
Tuesday Nov 22 - run from work to gym (4 miles), upper body strength workout at gym 1:15, run from gym to work (4 miles)
Wednesday Nov 23 - swimming 60 laps
Friday Nov 25 - Stanley Grap/Flat Creek Loop Mtn bike ride
Saturday Nov 26 - Bear Creek Pinhoti Mtn bike Ride 5400' of climbing!
Sunday Nov 27 - Blankets Creek Single track (approx 5 miles), Powers Island Orienteering meet (2 hours), Killer Spin class (1.5 hours)

Whew, I'm exhausted.

2 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger just call me jeff said...

OK, so that explains why I had to leave a message when I called you over T'giving weekend, instead of getting the real thing.

And....no activity on Nov. 24? What kind of slacker are you?! Did you know that the last run I took was in August?

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Matt Hart said...

Whoa.. sounds like you broke through the rut alright. Are you training for a specific race?.. cause it’s supposed to be the off season! Well at least right after the Baja Travesia it is. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home