Thursday, December 29, 2005

All fired up

I had a great trip home to Oakville, Ontario for Christmas. We had a fun and declicious dinner for 12, presents, cocktails etc. I showed everyone the team video that we sent to Primal Quest and I can tell I'm going to get a lot of support from the home town. My parents and I watched Disk 1 of the Subaru Primal Quest 2004 DVD. At the end of it my Dad informed me that I was grounded. Sorry Dad, it didn't work when I was 16 and it's not going to work now. :-)

The training was somewhat derailed by the weather up there. It wasn't that cold but was quite slushy and yucky about. Back to it in earnest this weekend with our rescheduled Foothills Trail trek. Jono is being a bit psycho aggressive with his 'Primal Quest Readiness Test'. 6 minute miles? yeah right. Not on my best day. Not that I'm defeatist, just realistic.

My best friend P got engaged on Christmas Day. Is it wrong that I'm worried that she'll have her wedding in the summer and ask me to be the maid of honor? I'll be campaigning for a fall wedding since I definately want the job but want to be able to give her all the time and attention she deserves. (See 'One Dimensional' below.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home